Tuesday, March 17, 2015

story 2

        A Jolly, Ungrateful Farmer
By Jakob M. Scoll                                                                     3/4/2015
      Ancient Greece was a successful, substantial land with many still, silent, green hills.  All of the customary, conventional citizens had everything they needed.  In one of these magnificent, mind-blowing cities, there was a very wealthy king.  He had a luxurious, lighthearted life.  He owned a massive, monumental, majestic mansion.  He had many tough, tireless servants. He dined on delicous foods.
     Nearly one mile away from this spectacular city lived a penniless, poor, predictable farmer.  He had a wishful, wanting life.  He very much loved his family.  His name was Damocles.
     On one day, Damocles was acting unusually unsatisfied with himself.  He decided to wander to the city.  Quickly after, he happened to run into the king.  “I wish I could live my life like you,” Damocles pronounced.



     “Would you like to take my jolly, joyous life and take the throne for the day?” the king asked.

    
     “Oh, great high king, I most certainly would!”  he loudly replied.  


     “As you wish, you shall take my throne in for one day,” he announced willingly.  “You shall be king tomorrow,” he repeated.   Kindly the king bragged, “My spectacular, stupendous, smart, sage servants will grant you whatever you shall desire.”


     “I would love to!”  Damocles impatiently cried.  


     “Then it’s a deal,” the king responded.


     Damocles sat on the throne merrily eating and listening to marvelous music.  Slowly he gazed up and saw a sword hanging right above him.  He no longer could enjoy the music.  He then screamed, Let me out of here!”

    “What is wrong?” the servants asked.  

    “Why is there a sword hanging in front of my royal head?”  questioned Damocles.


   “The king must live in constant fear knowing that he has enemies.” 

      “This is not that jolly, joyous, lighthearted, loving, life I wished for!  I have everything I need, like, and would ever want on a farm.  I don’t need a massive, monumental, majestic mansion.  I am returning to my farm right now!”

     So Damocles returned joyously and saw his family again. 

You should always be grateful for whatever you have.


    The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment