Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I found lots of cool rocks!!!

I found lots of cool rocks!!! 

Once I was going to our garden to water the plants.  After I watered the plants I was walking to go inside and I found a cool rock.  Then I went to tell mom.  And I said, "Look at this rock." 

Mom said, "Cool." Then she asked,  "where did you find it?"
And I said, "By the garden."

I wanted to find more rocks. So I was walking to find more rocks by the garden and I found a very interesting rock with holes in it.  I ran inside and I brought it to mom and she said, "Cool."

She asked, "Where did you find it?"

I said, "The same place."

Mom said, "Cool."

And it happened again and again. Except each time they were different rocks.  So I started a collection of rocks.  I kept on finding more and more more and more rocks. And later on I had two whole buckets of cool rocks.  And then mom gave me a rock called an amethyst.  I love rocks.



p.s.  My mom dropped the rock from the garden that had holes in it and it cracked in half and in it there was crystal 

5 comments:

  1. Dear Jakob,

    What a terrific post about your new rock collection!

    I like how you used quotation marks correctly in your writing. That's hard to do!

    What are you going to do with your rocks? Are you going to try and put them in a display box or just leave them in the buckets.

    I collect rocks too, but I usually only collect heart-shaped rocks! Here is a picture of a few in my collection:

    My ♥ Shaped Rock Collection

    Your amethyst rock looks very interesting. Can you share any fun facts about it?

    Your rock-collecting friend,
    Mrs. Y♥llis
    California

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha Jakob,
    What great photos of your new rock collection! I like to look at rocks and wonder how they got there and how long they've been there.
    I love anethyst and am so glad your mom gave one to you.
    Your writing is amazing! Your use of quotation marks made your writing come alive! So glad you decided to do that.
    Keep on writing & I'll keep on reading.
    A hui hou,
    Mrs. Jacobs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ava really likes your rocks. She has a big rock collection that she loves...small, big, and all sorts of different shapes and colored ones. You will have to go on a rock hunting adventure with her sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Yollis, I looked at your rock collection and I like it! Where did you get all of them? How did they get heart shaped? I keep my rocks in a special crate on my bedroom shelf.


    Mrs. Jacobs, Thank you for your nice comments. What does "A hui hou" mean?



    Ava, I want to see your rock collection. Could you show me a picture? I found a huge rock that had a big hole in it. I could show you a picture of that rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Jakob,

    I'm so glad that you liked my ♥-shaped rock collection. You asked me where I got them. I find them all over! Sometimes I discover them on vacations, while other times I find them on hikes by my house. You just have to keep your eyes open for the shape you want!

    Sometimes I don't bring the rock home, I just look at it or take a picture. Here is a rock from Hawaii that I saw:

    Heart Shaped Rock in the Dirt

    Let me know if you find any ♥-shaped rocks for yourself!

    Your pal,
    Mrs. Y♥llis
    California

    ReplyDelete